The addition of red pepper adds a whole new twist to the mix. For those of you who really like your heat, you can always tweak the red pepper flakes.
- 3 lbs vension
- 2 lbs fatty pork shoulder or 1 lb lean pork and 1 lb pork fat.
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 3 tablespoon medium ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated or powdered garlic
Pour the spices on the meat and mix thoroughly.
After the spices are mixed evenly, run the meat through a grinder with a medium blade.
Fry up a patty or two to taste.
Add any additional spices if needed.
Package the sausage into one pound packages and freeze.